WSPID Research Workshop
Conducting and Presenting your Pediatric Infectious Diseases Research
The World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID) will be hosting a Research Workshop on 5 November 2019 from 08:00-16:00, prior to the start of the main WSPID Congress. The workshop will be conducted in English.
The workshop will consist of two components:
1. Short practical lectures by leading researchers on aspects of research, with a focus on pediatric infectious diseases.
2. Oral presentations by 5 selected Research Workshop Presenters. Five early career researchers will be chosen among the applicants for mentoring and discussion at the WSPID Research Workshop.
- To assist early career researchers with the design, conduct, and presentation of pediatric infectious disease research in resource-challenged and resource-advantaged settings.
- To facilitate interaction between early career and established researchers in an informal, collegial setting.
- Fifty participants will be selected among the applicants to attend the Research Workshop. These selected participants will have their 2019 WSPID Congress registration fee waived.
- Five applicants will be invited to participate in the workshop as oral Research Workshop Presenters:
- These five presenters will be assigned one or more mentors from the WSPID Education Committee/WSPID Research Workshop Faculty, who will assist with developing their presentation prior to the Workshop.
- Each of these selected Research Workshop Presenters will deliver a 10-minute oral presentation of their WSPID 2019 submitted abstract to the audience of the Research Workshop participants and faculty.
- Research Workshop participants and the faculty will offer constructive comments and suggestions following each presentation.
- In addition, to subsidizing the 2019 WSPID Congress registration fee, these five presenters will receive reimbursement up to $1,350 (USD) for applicants traveling to Manila and up to $500 (USD) for applicants located in Manila to subsidize travel and accommodations associated with the 2019 WSPID Congress; the total support for WSPID 2019 attendance and participation will be determined by the Congress organizers.
- Subsidized Research Workshop participants/presenters who do not attend or who do not fulfill requirements of preparation and presentation will be asked to reimburse the WSPID subsidies in full.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the Application Form and return it to the WSPID Congress Secretariat at email@example.com. Please make sure to print it as a PDF file before sending it.
- Submit your Abstract via the Congress website and indicate that you want to be considered for the WSPID Research Workshop
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants are encouraged to apply for a WSPID Fellowship.